Thursday, April 2, 2015

MLB 15 The Show

In what is a yearly right of spring, the new MLB game from Sony has arrived.

This year, it has added many new features, which are quite cool. Of course there is the ability to save your file to the could, and pick up on a PS Vita, if you buy both versions. You can also pick up your save from MLB 14...which I did. It seems other games must have taken up some of my time last year, as I only had played 47 games with my Tigers. I picked up with that save, and have played a few games so far. The game basics are pretty much like last year, you can pick how you pitch and bat...I prefer the pure analog style, which uses the right and left sticks to control speed and direction. You can also use the buttons, a hybrid of both, and others, which I haven't investigated.

There is also an option to speed up the game, which after each out will pick up the next batter midway through, so you could come into a 2-1 count, and have to take it from there. I prefer to use the normal style of game.

Diamond Dynasty mode is the card trading game, similar to the Madden, FIFA, and NHL Ultimate modes in EA's sports games. You can buy packs of cards and build your team, and play against others online. So far I have only started building my team...but it seems pretty cool.

2015 is the first year for licensed items in The Show, so you will see Nike, Mizuno and others in the game, and as sponsors for replays, games, and commercial breaks.

This year also saw the addition of 30 MLB alumni in the game.

Graphically, the game has improved from last year quite a bit...shadows move a bit more realistically based on time day. The player faces look a bit better, but still a bit weird. The ballparks all are quite amazing compared to the real parks, adding that much more realism to the game.

If you haven't played an MLB game in a few years, are new to the Playstation family, or just looking for something different and fun to play while you wait for all the delayed AAA games this year, I suggest picking up The Show.



No comments: